Yi Zhang, Ph.D.
ABLife Inc., Wuhan, Hubei, China
Laboratory for Genome Regulation and Human Heath
Center for Genome Analysis
ADD: Optics Valley International Biomedical Park, Building 9-4, East Lake High-Tech
- Ph.D. Molecular genetics and Microbiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, USA, 2000.
- B.S. Microbiology, Nankai University, Tianjin, China, 1992.
Working Experience in Scientific Research
- 2010-present CEO & Chief Scientist, ABLife, Inc.
- 2005-2010 Researcher, State Key Laboratory of Virology
- 2003-2010 Professor, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University
- 2001-2005 Associate Dean, Department of Biotechnology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University
- 2000-2003 Associate professor, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University
- 2000.1-6 Post-doc fellow, Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA.
- 1994-1999 Pre-doctoral graduate student, Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA.
- 1993-1994 Technician, Ag-Biotech Center, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
- 1992-1993 Research assistant, Northeast Pharmaceutical General Factory，Shenyang, China
- 2013 100 Talents Programme of Hubei Province, the 3rd High-Level Oversea Talent Selection
- 2012 Optics Valley of Talents Scheme 3551
- 2011 Advances in Science and Technology of China Top Ten Science News
- 2006 New Century Excellent Talents in University (NCET)
- 2006 Advanced science and technology worker of 2006, Wuhan University
- 2003 Wuhan Morning Program (Young Talent)
- 2003 Advanced worker for International Exchange and Cooperation with Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, Wuhan University
National Service Appointment
- 2009- Member, Editor Board of Frontiers in Biology
- 2005- Member, Editor Board of Chinese Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- 2004-2009 Member, The Hubei Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- 2002-2003 3rd Annual Meeting of the China RNA Society & 1st International RNA Workshop in China, organizer
- 2002- Committee member of the Chinese Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology-RNA branch
- 2002- Regular reviewer for the National Natural Science Foundation of China, Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- 2003- Regular reviewer for Starting Fund for Returning Scholars, Ministry of Education
- 2000- Members of RNA Society, American Society of Microbiology
Nucleic Acids Research, Journal Molecular Biology, Applied Biochemistry and Biotech, International Journal of Integrative Biology, Chinese Science Bulletin, Progress in Natural Science, National Science Foundation (USA)，The Austrian Science Fund (FWF).
- 2006 National Quality Course (Molecular Biology)
- 2007 National Bilingual Teaching Demonstration course (Molecular Biology)
- 2003 Excellent Teacher of graduate course, Wuhan University
- 2002 InTec (Xiamen) Excellent Junior Teacher
Over 50 SCI publications.
- Li Jiang, Changwei Shao, Qi-Jia Wu, Geng Chen, Jie Zhou, Bo Yang, Hairi Li, Lan-Tao Gou, Yi Zhang, Yangming Wang, Gene W Yeo, Yu Zhou & Xiang-Dong Fu. NEAT1 scaffolds RNA-binding proteins and the Microprocessor to globally enhance pri-miRNA processing. Nat Struct Mol Biol. (2017) Aug 28. doi: 10.1038/nsmb.3455.
- Wanjin Li, Zihan Zhang, Xinhua Liu, Xiao Cheng, Yi Zhang, Xiao Han, Yu Zhang, Shumeng Liu, Jianguo Yang, Bosen Xu, Lin He, Luyang Sun, Jing Liang, and Yongfeng Shang. The FOXN3-NEAT1-SIN3A repressor complex promotes progression of hormonally responsive breast cancer. The Journal of Clinical Investigation (2017) doi:1172/JCI94233.
- Siling Liu, Zhengbo Wang, Dong Chen, Bowen Zhang, Renrong Tian, Jing Wu, Ying Zhang, Kaiyu Xu, Liumeng Yang, Chao Cheng, Jian Ma, Longbao Lv, Yongtang Zheng, Xintian Hu, Yi Zhang*, Xiangting Wang and Jiali Li. Annotation and cluster analysis of spatiotemporal-and sex-related lncRNA expression in Rhesus macaque brain. Genome Research (2017) doi:10.1101/gr.217463.116
- Heng Xia, Dong Chen, Qijia Wu, Gang Wu, Yanhong Zhou, Yi Zhang* and Libin Zhang. CELF1 preferentially binds to exon-intron boundary and regulates alternative splicing in HeLa cells. BBA – Gene Regulatory Mechanisms (2017) doi:10.1016/j.bbagrm.2017.07.004
- Xuyan Peng, Guohui Shang, Wenqing Wang, Xiaowen Chen, Qiyong Lou, Gang Zhai, Dongliang Li, Zhenyu Du, Yali Ye, Xia Jin,1 Jiangyan He, Yi Zhang, and Zhan Yin. (2017) Fatty acid oxidation in zebrafish adipose tissue is promoted by 1a,25(OH)2 D3.Cell Reports 19:1444-1455.
- Wei Liu, Xia Li, Shengjie Liao, Kefeng Dou, Yi Zhang*. (2017) Activation of the intronic cryptic 5′ splice site depends on its distance to the upstream cassette exon. Gene doi: 10.1016/j.gene.2017.03.023
- Lirong Jin, Guanglin Li, Dazhao Yu1, Wei Huang, Chao Cheng, Shengjie Liao, Qijia Wu and Yi Zhang* (2017). Transcriptome analysis reveals the complexity of alternative splicing regulation in the fungus Verticillium dahliae.BMC Genomics (2017) 18:130
- Hongyu Chen, Xiuling Chen, Dong Chen, Jingfu Li, Yi Zhang* and Aoxue Wang (2015). A comparison of the low temperature transcriptomes of two tomato genotypes that differ in freezing tolerance: Solanum lycopersicum and Solanum habrochaites. BMC Plant Biology 2015 15:132.
- Yong Zhang, Lianfeng Gu, Yifeng Hou, Lulu Wang, Xian Deng, Runlai Hang, Dong Chen, Xiansheng Zhang, Yi Zhang, Chunyan Liu and Xiaofeng Cao (2015). Integrative genome-wide analysis reveals HLP1, a novel RNA-binding protein, regulates plant flowering by targeting alternative polyadenylation. Cell Research 25:864–876
- Shao C, Yang B, Wu T, Huang J, Tang P, Zhou Y, Zhou J, Qiu J, Jiang L, Li H, Chen G, Sun H, Zhang Y, Denise A, Zhang DE, Fu XD. (2014). Mechanisms for U2AF to define 3′ splice sites and regulate alternative splicing in the human genome. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 21:997-1005
- Zhang X, Zuo X, Yang B, Li Z, Xue Y, Zhou Y, Huang J, Zhao X, Zhou J, Yan Y, Zhang H, Guo P, Sun H, Guo L, Zhang Y,Fu XD (2014). MicroRNA directly enhances mitochondrial translation during muscle differentiation. Cell 158:607-169.
- Yanling Wang, Li Jiang, Xiong Ji, Bo Yang, Yi Zhang, Xiang-Dong Fu (2013). Hepatitis B Viral RNA Directly Mediates Down-Regulation of the Tumor Suppressor MicroRNA miR-15a/miR-16-1 in Hepatocytes. Journal Biological Chemistry 288:18484-18493. [Epub 2013 May 6]
- Yu Zhou, Yann Ponty, Stephane Vialette, Jerome Waldispuhl, Yi Zhang, and Alain Denise (2013). Flexible RNA design under structure and sequence constraints using formal languages. Proceedings of ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Biomedical Informatics (2013).
- Yuanchao Xue, Kunfu Ouyang, Jie Huang, Yu Zhou, Hong Ouyang, Hairi Li, Gang Wang, Qijia Wu, Chaoliang Wei, Yanzhen Bi, Li Jiang, Zhiqiang Cai, Hui Sun, Kang Zhang, Yi Zhang, Ju Chen, and Xiang-Dong Fu (2013). Direct Conversion of Fibroblasts to Neurons by Reprogramming PTB-Regulated MicroRNA Circuits. Cell 152: 82-96.
- Rui Xiao, Peng Tang, Bo Yang, Jie Huang, Yu Zhou, Hairi Li, Hui Sun, Yi Zhang* and Xiang-Dong Fu*. （2012）Nuclear Matrix Factor hnRNP U/SAF-A Exerts a Global Control of Alternative Splicing by Regulating U2 snRNP Maturation. Molecular Cell 45:656-668. (Cover story, March 9) [Epub ahead of print at Feb 8, 2012]
- Faculty of 1000 Biology (January 10, 2010)
- Chen Huang, Mao-Hua Xie, Wei Liu, Bo Yang, Fan Yang, Jingang Huang, Qijia Wu, Xiang-Dong Fu and Yi Zhang*. (2011) A structured RNA in HBV PRE represses alternative splicing in a sequence-independent and position-dependent manner. FEBS Journal 278:1533–1546. (Epub 2011 Apr 1).
- Huang L, Yin P, Zhu X, Zhang Y, Ye K*. (2011) Crystal structure and centromere binding of the plasmid segregation protein ParB from pCXC100. Nucleic Acids Research 39:2954-68. (Epub 2010 Dec 1)
- Mo D, Wu L, Xu Y, Ren J, Wang L, Huang L, Wu QJ, Bao P, Xie MH, Yin P, Liu BF, Liang Y, Zhang Y*. (2011) A maturase that specifically stabilizes and activates its cognate group I intron at high temperatures. Biochimie 93: 533-541. (Epub ahead of print at 2010 Dec 1)
- Yi Zhang. RNA silencing mechanisms are highly differentiated in eukaryotes. Frontiers in Biology 5(6): 471-472.
- Liu W, Zhou Y, Hu Z, Sun T, Denise A, Fu XD, Zhang Y*. (2010) Regulation of splicing enhancer activities by RNA secondary structures. FEBS Letter 584 ( 21) 4401-4407 [ Epub 2010 Oct 1.] doi:10.1016
- Xue Y, Zhou Y, Wu T, Zhu T, Ji X, Kwon Y-S, Zhang C, Yeo G, Black DL, Sun H, Fu X-D*, and Zhang Y*. (2009) Genome-wide analysis of PTB binding reveals a strategy used by the general splicing repressor to positively or negatively regulate alternative splicing in mammalian cells. Molecular Cell 36:996-1006 (Cover story, Dec 24).
- Advances in Science and Technology of China Top Ten Science News, 2011
- Recorded in Faculty of 1000 Biology, Jan 10，2010。
- Wang F, Fu X-D, Zhou Y, Zhang Y*. (2009) Down-regulation of the cyclin E1 oncogene expression by microRNA-16-1 induces cell cycle arrest in human cancer cells. BMB reports 42:725-730 (Nov 30)
- Zhang L, Bao P, Leibowitz MJ, Zhang Y*. (2009) Slow formation of a pseudoknot structure is rate limiting in the productive co-transcriptional folding of the self-splicing Candida intron. RNA 15:1986-1992. [Epub ahead of print at Aug 26]
- Zhang L, Leibowitz MJ, Zhang Y*. (2009) Antisense oligonucleotides effectively inhibit the co-transcriptional splicing of a Candida group I intron in vitro and in vivo: Implications for antifungal therapeutics. FEBS Letters 583:734-738. [Epub online at Jan. 19, 2009]
- Xie M, Wu Q-J, Jiang Y-F, Bao P, Zhang Y*. （2009）A phage RNA-binding protein binds to a non-cognate structured RNA and stabilizes its core structure. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 378:168-173. [Epub ahead of print Nov, 2008]
- Bao P, Wu QJ, Yin P, Jiang Y, Wang X, Xie MH, Sun T, Huang L, Mo DD, Zhang Y*. (2008). Coordination of two sequential ester-transfer reactions: Exogenous guanosine binding promotes the subsequent G binding to a group I intron. Nucleic Acids Research 36: 6934 – 6943. [Epub ahead of print at Oct 31]
- Cheng L, Lin H, Fan X, Qiu S, Sun T, Li T-Y* and Zhang Y*. (2008) A novel toxin–antitoxin operon talA/B from the Gram-positive bacterium Leifsonia xyli subsp. cynodontis. FEBS Letters 582:3211-3216. [Sept 22, Epub 2008 Aug 21]
- Sun T, Zhang Y*. (2008) Pentamidine binds to tRNA through non-specific hydrophobic interactions and inhibits aminoacylation and translation. Nucleic Acids Research 36:1654-1664. [March, 2008, Epub ahead of print at Feb 7]
- Tong WP, Zhou Y, Wang X, Yang F, Wu KL, Wu J, Zhang Y*. (2008) An accurate quantitative method for screening effective siRNA probes targeting a Hepatitis B virus transcript in single living cells. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 367 (4):866-873 (21 March 2008).
- Zhou Y, Lu C, Wu QJ, Wang Y, Sun ZT, Deng JC, Zhang Y*. (2008) GISSD: Group I Intron Sequence and Structure Database. Nucleic Acids Research 36:D31-D37. [Published online, 2007 Oct 16, printed at January, 2008].
- Coutinho-Mansfield GC, Xue Y, Zhang Y, Fu XD (2007) PTB/nPTB switch: a post-transcriptional mechanism for programming neuronal differentiation. Genes & Development 21(13):1573-1577. [Printed in July 1]
- Lin H, Li TY, Xie MH, Zhang Y* (2007) Characterization of the variants, flanking genes and promoter activity of Leifsonia xyli subsp. cynodontis insertion sequence IS1237. Journal of Bacteriology 189:3217-3227. [Printed in Apr. Epub 2007 Feb 9]
- Meng Q, Zhang Y, Liu XQ. (2007) Rare group I intron with insertion sequence element in a bacterial ribonucleotide reductase gene. Journal of Bacteriology 189:2150-2154. [Printed in Mar. Epub 2006 Dec 15.]
- Yin P, Li TY, Xie MH, Jiang L, Zhang Y *. (2006) A type Ib ParB protein involving in plasmid partitioning in a gram-positive bacterium. Journal of Bacteriology 188:8103-8108. [Printed in Dec. Epub 2006 Sep 22]
- Jiang YF, Xiao M, Yin P, Zhang Y*. (2006) Monovalent cations use multiple mechanisms to resolve ribozyme misfolding. RNA 12:561-566. [printed in April, Epub 2006 Feb 22]
- Zhou J, Wu J, Liu X, Qu F, Xiao M, Zhang Y, Charles L, Zhang CC, Peng L. (2006) Cooperative binding and self-assembling behavior of cationic low molecular-weight dendrons with RNA molecules. Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry 4(3):581-585. [Printed Feb 7, Epub 2006 Jan 9]
- Han-xing Liu, Jun-jian Zhang, Ping Zheng, Yi Zhang. (2005) Altered expression of MAP-2, GAP-43, and synaptophysin in the hippocampus of rats with chronic cerebral hypoperfusion correlates with cognitive impairment. Brain Res Mol Brain Res 139 (1): 169-177. [Printed Sep 13]
- Mu Xiao, Tingting Li, Xiaoyan Yuan, Yuan Shang, Fu Wang, Shoudeng Chen and Yi Zhang*. (2005) A peripheral element assembles the compact core structure essential for group I self-splicing. Nucleic Acids Research 33:4602-4611. [Printed Aug 12]
- Zhiqiang Chen and Yi Zhang*. (2005) Dimethylsulfoxide targets phage RNA polymerases to promote transcription. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 333: 664-670. [Printed Aug 5]
- Zhijie Li and Yi Zhang*. (2005) Predicting the secondary structures and tertiary interactions of 211 group I introns in IE subgroup. Nucleic Acids Research 33:2118-2128. [Printed Apr 20]
- Jiangyu Wu, Jiehua Zhou, Fanqi Qu, Penghui Bao, Yi Zhang, Ling Peng. (2005) Polycationic dendrimers interact with RNA molecules: polyamine dendrimers inhibit the catalytic activity of Candida ribozymes. Chemical Communications (Camb). 2005(3):313-315. [Printed Jan 21. Epub 2004 Dec 9]
- Xiaoyan Jiang, Guanhua Du, Yi Zhang*. (2005) High throughput screening antifungal drugs using Candida albicans as a model. Chinese Pharmaceutical Journal 39:919-922.
- Yuan Shang, Chen Wang, Yi Zhang*. (2005) Inducible expression and splicing of Candida group I ribozyme in E. coli. Wuhan University Journal of Natural Sciences (English Edition) 10:465-471.
- Libin Zhang, Mu Xiao, Chen Lu and Yi Zhang*. (2005) Fast formation of the P3-P7 pseudoknot: a strategy for efficient folding of the catalytically active ribozyme. RNA 11:58-69. [Printed Jan. Epub 2004 Dec 1.]
- Tai-Yuan Li, Ping Yin, Yu Zhou, Yi Zhang*, Yong-Ping Zhang, Tseh-an Chen. (2004) Characterization of the replicon of a 51-kb native plasmid from the gram-positive bacterium Leifsonia xyli subsp. cynodontis. FEMS Microbiology Letters 236: 33-39. [Printed July 1]
- Lin Cheng, Tai-Yuan Li, Yi Zhang*. (2004) Rapid preparation of total nucleic acids from E. coli for multi-purpose applications. Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 37:351-355. [Printed May 31]
- Mu Xiao, Michael J. Leibowitz and Yi Zhang*. (2003) Concerted folding of a Candida ribozyme to the catalytically active structure posterior to a rapid RNA compaction. Nucleic Acids Research 31:3901-3908. (The cover paper of the issue) [Printed Jul 15]
- Yi Zhang, Zhijie Li, D. S. Pilch and M. J. Leibowitz. (2002) Pentamidine inhibits catalytic activity of group I intron Ca.LSU by altering RNA folding. Nucleic Acids Research 30:2961-2971. [Printed Jul 1]
- Yi Zhang and M. J. Leibowitz. (2001) Folding of the group I intron ribozyme from the 26S rRNA gene of Candida albicans. Nucleic Acids Research 29:2644-2653. [Printed June 15]
- Yi Zhang, P. S. Perlman and M. J. Leibowitz. (2000) Pentamidine inhibits mitochondrial intron splicing and translation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA 6:937-951. [Printed in July]
- Zhijie Li, Yi Zhang*（2003）Progress in group I inton ribozyme. Progress in Biochemistry and Biophysics 30 (3):363-369.
- Yi Zhang*（2008）RNA functions in RNA splicing: from catalysis to regulation， Chinese Bulletin of Life Sciences 20(2):202-206.
- Qijia Wu, Lin Huang, Yi Zhang（2009）The structure and function of catalytic RNAs，Science in China Series C: Life Sciences 52 (3):232-244.
International conferences and published abstracts
- Xiaorong Zhang, Yuanchao Xue, Jie Huang, Xiangdong Fu and Yi Zhang. Thirteenth Annual Meeting of the RNA Society. June 14-18, 2011, Kyoto, Japan. Small RNAs regulate the expression of mitochondrial –encoded respiratory proteins and the cellular energy producton.
- Yu Zhou, Yuanchao Xue, Tongbin Wu, Tuo Zhu, Xiong Ji, Chao Zhang, Young-Soo Kwon, Gene Yeo, Hui Sun, Xiang-Dong Fu, and Yi Zhang. 2009 CSHL Meeting on Eukaryotic mRNA Processing . August 18 – 22, 2009, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York, USA. Genome-wide analysis of protein-RNA interaction by CLIPseq reveals a mechanism for PTB-dependent exon inclusion or skipping. (Selected Oral)
- Yi Zhang, Yuanchao-Xue, Yu Zhou, Xiang-dong Fu. 21st IUBMB and 12th FaoBMB International Congress of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. August 2-7, Shanghai, China. Post-transcriptional interplay between PTB and microRNAs determine mRNA stability. (Invited Oral)
- Yuanchao Xue, Yu Zhou, Tongbin Wu, Xiong Ji, Gene Yeo, Black L. Douglas, Yi Zhang, Xiang-Dong Fu. Fourteenth Annual Meeting of the RNA Society. May 2008, Madison, Wisconsin, USA. Two Layers of Post-transcriptional Regulation Networks Mediated by PTB in Human Cell. (Selected oral)
- Tao Sun and Yi Zhang. Thirteenth Annual Meeting of the RNA Society. July 2008, Berlin, Germany. Pentamidine binds to tRNA through non-specific hydrophobic interactions and inihibits aminoacylation and translation.
- Libin Zhang, Yi Zhang. Eleventh Annual Meeting of the RNA Society. June 2006, Seattle, USA. Transcriptionn-coupled folding of a structurally complex pseudoknot in vitro and in vivo
- Mao-Hua Xie, Yan-Fei Jiang, Yi Zhang. Eleventh Annual Meeting of the RNA Society. June 2006, Seattle, USA. MS2 phage coat protein binds to a peripheral structure and facilitates self-splicing of a fungal group I ribozyme.
- Libin Zhang and Yi Zhang. Tenth Annual Meeting of the RNA Society. May 2005, Alberta, Canada.
Oligonucleotides targeting the dynamic core inhibit group I intron splicing in Candida albicans inducing cell death.
- Mu Xiao, Tingting Li, Xiaoyan Yuan, Yuan Shang, Fu Wang, Shoudeng Chen and Yi Zhang. Tenth Annual Meeting of the RNA Society. May 2005, Alberta, Canada. A peripheral element is essential in organizing an intron compact core required for self-splicing activity.
- Zhijie Li and Yi Zhang. Tenth Annual Meeting of the RNA Society. May 2005, Alberta, Canada. Predicting the secondary structures and tertiary interactions of 211 group I introns in IE subgroup.
- Zhijie Li and Yi Zhang. RNA Structure and Function: a joint Biochemical Society/Royal Society of Chemistry Focused Meeting. December 2004, Edinburgh, United Kingdom. Structural and sequence analysis reveals multiple group I intron lineages among subgroup IE.
- Libin Zhang, Chen Lu, Mu Xiao and Yi Zhang. The 3rd Annual Meeting of the China RNA Society & 1st International RNA Workshop in China. October 2003, Wuhan, China. Rapid folding of the native P3-P7 core determines the entry to the trap-free pathway. Acta Biochemica et Biophysica Sinica 36(2):148.
- Libin Zhang, Zhiqiang Chen, Yi Zhang. The 3rd Annual Meeting of the China RNA Society & 1st International RNA Workshop in China. October 2003, Wuhan, China. Sequential folding slows the formation of the P3-P7 core of the Candida ribozyme. Acta Biochemica et Biophysica Sinica 36(2):148.
- Tingting Li, Mu Xiao and Yi Zhang. The 3rd Annual Meeting of the China RNA Society & 1st International RNA Workshop in China. October 2003, Wuhan, China. Non-conserved P2.1 stabilizes the tertiary structure and slows the native folding of the Candida ribozyme. Acta Biochemica et Biophysica Sinica 36(2):148-149.
- Yanfei Jiang, Xuyao Dai and Yi Zhang. The 3rd Annual Meeting of the China RNA Society & 1st International RNA Workshop in China. October 2003, Wuhan, China. Secondary structure is essential in native folding of a large RNA. Acta Biochemica et Biophysica Sinica 36(2):149.
- Chen Lu and Yi Zhang. The 3rd Annual Meeting of the China RNA Society & 1st International RNA Workshop in China. October 2003, Wuhan, China. Phylogenetic distribution of group I introns in rRNA genes. Acta Biochemica et Biophysica Sinica 36(2):149.
- Zhijie Li and Yi Zhang. The 3rd Annual Meeting of the China RNA Society & 1st International RNA Workshop in China. October 2003, Wuhan, China. Native Secondary Structures of All Group I Introns in the Subgroup E. Acta Biochemica et Biophysica Sinica 36(2):149-150.
- Yu Zhou and Yi Zhang. The 3rd Annual Meeting of the China RNA Society & 1st International RNA Workshop in China. October 2003, Wuhan, China. Comparative sequence analysis methods developed for RNA structure prediction. Acta Biochemica et Biophysica Sinica 36(2):150.
- Jiangyu Wu, Jiehua Zhou, Penghui Bao, Qiongyou Wu, Fanqi Qu, Yi Zhang, Ling Peng. The 3rd Annual Meeting of the China RNA Society & 1st International RNA Workshop in China. October 2003, Wuhan, China. New Dendrimers Inhibit Group I Intron Ribozyme. Acta Biochemica et Biophysica Sinica 36(2):158.
- Yi Zhang and Mu Xiao. RNA 2003, Eighth Annual Meeting of the RNA Society. July 2003, Vienna, Austria. Concerted folding of a group I ribozyme to the catalytically active structure follows a Mg2+-dependent RNA compaction.
- Yi Zhang and Libin Zhang. RNA 2002, Seventh Annual Meeting of the RNA Society. May 2002, Madison, Wisconsin, USA. Inhibition of Ca.LSU self-splicing by antisense targeting its active sites.
- Yi Zhang and Mu Xiao. RNA 2002, Seventh Annual Meeting of the RNA Society. May 2002, Madison, Wisconsin, USA. Endonuclease activities derived from Ca.LSU.
- Yi Zhang and M. J. Leibowitz. RNA 2001, Sixth Annual Meeting of the RNA Society. May 2001, Alberta, Canada. Folding of a group I intron other than Tetrahymena intron.
- Yi Zhang, P. S. Perlman, M. J. Leibowitz. 39th icaac (interscience conference on antimicrobial agents and chemotherary). Sepertember 1999, San Francisco. Pentamidine inhibits the splicing of the mitochondrial introns in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Yi Zhang and M. J. Leibowitz. 5th Candida and Candidiasis meeting. March 1999, Charleston.Impact of Mg++ on pentamidine inhibition of Candida ribozyme activity.